Ebro has always been a step ahead of new consumer trends and an international benchmark in the research and development of products for the food sector. R+D+I is essential for developing our quality and differentiation strategy. Our R+D+I activities are carried out by different research centres in France, USA and Spain.
1. The Panzani Group's Centers:
- CEREC, in St. Genis Laval (Lyon, France), focuses on developing the pasta division to improve its fresh pasta, potato, fresh ready-to-serve and sauce ranges.
- CRECERPAL, in Marseille, focuses its research on developing the durum wheat category, including dry pasta and couscous, and new food processing technologies applied to cereals.
2. Riviana Foods’s Centers:
- Tech Center, in the United States, develops new products, processes and technologies and adapts them for the US rice and pasta divisions.
3. Centers associated with the Herba Group:
- Española I+D in Moncada (Valencia, Spain)
- The San Juan de Aznalfarache plant (Seville, Spain)
- The ingredients facility in Wormer (Netherlands)
- The Bruno plant (Italy)
Devoted to the development of new and/or improved product and technologies, the provision of technical assistance with rice and derivative product technology for modern catering: fastfood and catering and the development of ingredients with cereal or pulse bases.
4. Bertagni R&D Center in Arcugnano (Italy). This facility focused on the development of fresh pasta products and technologies.