We know you care about the environment, but sometimes it can be difficult to know what actions to take to make a positive contribution to our surroundings. That’s why today we’re going to give you some tips that you can implement in your workspace, whether at the office or at home, to make it more sustainable.
In addition, in recent years, the vast majority of companies have implemented plans to minimize our negative impact on the planet and the environment, while maximizing positive impacts. We, the people, also play a fundamental role in contributing to the overall well-being of the planet and future generations.
Do you accept our challenge to be sustainable in your workspace?
- How is your water bottle?: use refillable bottles. You will reduce the volume of disposable plastic.
- Set the “Power Saving Mode” on your PC or tablet: avoid leaving computers idle, as they consume unnecessary electricity.
- Print only what is necessary: reducing the use of paper promotes the preservation of forests. If you must print, use recycled paper.
- Take the stairs: reduce the use of the elevator and save energy by taking the stairs
- Create recycling areas: it is important to have different containers for all types of waste. You can add colorful labels to make it a fun practice.
- Surround yourself with your favorite plant: plants regulate the environment, absorb the radiation emitted by electronic devices and improve motivation.
- Adjust the temperature: adjusting the heating and air conditioning allows you to save, since each extra degree increases energy consumption.
- Use sustainable materials: replace bulbs with LED lights, they are more durable and consume less energy. We recommend to take advantage of sunlight for natural lighting.
- Use ‘eco-friendly’ packaging: we recommend carrying your breakfast in a tupper, avoiding the use of disposable packaging such as silver foil or plastic bags.
- Avoid unnecessary travel: reduce your business travel. Choose virtual meetings, e-mails or phone calls to communicate.